2018 Feast Of Plenty
Date: November 22, 2018
Not sure where to serve during the Feast of Plenty? Here are some suggestions that may help you find that perfect fit.
Wednesday Crew- You would be great serving on Wednesday if you
- Like to debone turkeys or chop vegetables
- Organize groceries
- Cut pies or wrap rolls
- The hall opens at 8am. Come whenever you like. Stay as long as you like.
Meal Delivery Crew- You would be great serving in this role Thursday at approximately 9:45 am if you
- Have a car that can carry meals and groceries-sometimes there are several meals delivered to one home
- Can only serve for a short amount of time
- Great way to serve with the whole family
- You don’t mind standing in line visiting with friends and neighbors from our community as you await your assignment
- Arrive at 9:45
Grocery bag Crew- You may enjoy this role that is quite new to the Feast; however very essential. Please arrive Thursday at 9:45am
- Lifting bags of groceries and carrying them to the cars for the meal delivery servers.
- This role is perfect for most of our male volunteers
- Arrive at 9:45
Kitchen Crew- Serve Thursday in the kitchen with prep and kitchen cleanup.
- Must be able to follow directions from our head chef
- Work in close quarters with others
- Carry hot pans of food
- 2 kitchen help people arriving at 8:00 serving for an hour and so on throughout the day
Serving Line Crews- Everyone loves this role. You would be great participating in this role if you can
- Stand for awhile busily dishing out our famous Thanksgiving Dinner
- Be friendly, smile and greet each person as they come through the line
- Parents please have young children help you serve
- We love volunteers that recognize not everyone had a chance to choose this role and offer their spoon to another so that others may participate.
- 14 meal serving spots each hour beginning at 10:00- until 2:00.
- Arrive 15 minutes before serve time.
- 1 hour shift. Please sign up only once so everyone can get a chance to serve, If you would still like to volunteer before or after your serving shift that would be wonderful.
Transportation Crews- Some of our non-driving patrons enjoy participating in the festivities of the Feast but they need a ride. Volunteers pick up patrons from their homes and bring them to the Feast of Plenty. After some great food and fellowship, they will need to be taken back home whenever they request. You will be notified of the time the week before Thanksgiving.
Clean UP Crew- As another Feast draws to an end, we need your help restoring the 4-H hall If you can sweep, mop, stack tables and chairs, we would greatly appreciate your service. Please arrive at 2:45pmFor questions please contact us feastofplentyoutreach.com